Ann Arbor, MI 48103
ben dot palumbo(AT)gmail dot com
ben dot palumbo(AT)protonmail dot com
bpalumbo(AT)umich dot edu
Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Little Rock, AR
Associate Degree of Applied Science in Communication Electronics, Kirkwood Community College, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Proficient with Windows 98/NT/2000/XP Unix/Linux
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software & networking conflicts/problems
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point
- Web Design: HTML/CSS & PHP/MySQL
- WordPress: web design
- Understanding business and accounting principles applications
Admin Asst Inter Healthcare University of Michigan Health System/Michigan Medicine, General Surgery, Ann Arbor, MI January 2016 – Present
- Supporting General Surgery doctors.
- Organizing CME related activities and other events.
- Organizing new patient clinical records.
- Handling purchasing, PCard and reconciling accounts.
- Providing tech training and support for conference room system.
- Organizing and hosting events.
SSC Travel & Expense Processing Associate University of Michigan, Shared Services Center Ann Arbor, MI April 2015 – January 2016
- Preparing and processing employee expense reports and PCard requests.
- Working with reviewers to improve and clarify reports.
SSC Accounts Payable Vendor Management Associate University of Michigan, Shared Services Center Ann Arbor, MI November 2014 – April 2016
- Working with customers and team members to streamline requests.
- Processing requests to add, reactivate, or screen payees, including reviewing files for compliance.
Administrative Assistant Inter / Assistant Program Coordinator Integrative Systems + Design , May 2014 – November 2015
- Set-up the classroom by setting out the materials, handouts, and taking care of any special instructor needs
- Provide administrative program support for non-credit classes.
- Document expenses for each class.
- Process and distribute class evaluations with Remark software.
- Organizing materials for non-credit classes.
- Coordinating proctors and exams for online students.
- Coordinating Manufacturing Research Seminar series.
- Preparing and process travel advance requests, expense and hosting reports in Concur
- Coordinating the preparation and processing of purchasing with P-Card and MPathways
- Process DS-2019 applications reconcile payroll
- Coordinating travel arrangements for faculty and students
- Coordinating proctors and exams for online students
- Coordinating Manufacturing Research Seminar series
Administrative Assistant Inter, University of Michigan Mechanical Engineering
Ann Arbor, MI January 2011 – December 2012
- Coordinate travel arrangements for faculty and their students
- Assistant to the Editor of an ASME Journal of Mechanical Design
- Assistant to the Editor of SME Journal of Manufacturing Systems
- Member of the Organizing Team for the Design Frontiers Symposium
- Member of the organizing staff of CIRP Conference on Assembly Technologies
- Prepare and process travel advance requests and expense reports, Concur
- Prepare and process hosting reports
- Coordinate the preparation and processing of purchasing, P-Card
- Assist in the reconciliation of project grants and preparation of financial reports
OFFICE SERVICES ASSISTANT ASSOCIATE, University of Michigan Ross School of Business
Ann Arbor, MI August, 2002 – January 2011
- Reserving and planning for future events
- M-Pathways: Non-PO, P-Card, Room Characteristics, EPRO, Cash Management
- Liaison for Facilities between Plant Operations, Department of Public Safety, and other departments
- Handling and issuing keys
- Setting up and taking down for events, deliver mail & packages
- Helping students, staff & faculty with various parts of the business school
TECHNOHOST /INFORMATION DESK CLERK (part-time)
Ann Arbor District Library, Ann Arbor, MI September 2003 – July 2008
- Maintain computers and assist patrons using the computers and peripherals
- Respond to Help desk incident reports
- Recording library events and editing video for production
- Help patrons locate and use materials, microfilm & microfiche equipment
- Putting holds on materials and working with circulation to process materials
MMORPG Game Owner (Independent Project) February 2008 – March 2010 (Discontinued due to other obligations)
- Write PHP/MySQL custom mods and purchase and install other mods
- Update HTML and CSS
- Correct security flaws
- Handle player complaints, bugs, requests, suggestions and abuses
- Manage advertising campaigns
COMPUTER LAB AIDE, University of Arkansas at Little Rock Little Rock, AR January 2001 – December 2001
- Dealt with and resolving students and staff experiencing computer problems
- Worked daily with 50-60 Windows 98 computers and 3 networked printers
- Configured and solved printers problems, Mapped network drives for users
- Helped users with email, Microsoft Office applications, scanning, and printing
TECHNICIAN Dimensions Unlimited Inc., White Bear Lake, MN November 1998 – May 1999
- Responsible for board level and component level repair functions
- Regular maintenance of test stations
- Developed methods to streamline testing
TECHNICIAN Express Point Inc. Burnsville, MN October 1996 – November 1998
- Repaired PC power supplies, uninterpretable power supplies & terminals